Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Division: Internal Audit
Reports to: Assistant Director of Internal Audit
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 34
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,091
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the leadership of the Assistant Director and Director of Internal Audit, is responsible for performing financial, compliance, and performance audits, reviews and investigations of THDA programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs audits of the organization’s programs and procedures, including preparation of adequate electronic working papers.
- Performs audits of external organizations such as servicing banks, financial institutions, and grantees.
- Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works with the Division Director, Assistant Director or Senior Internal Auditors, assisting with investigations necessary to address allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse of agency assets, programs or functions or any other allegations affecting the organization.
- Conducts or participates in interviews relating to Title VI allegations.
- Performs quality control test work.
- Performs special audit projects as directed by the Assistant Director or the Division Director.
- Evaluates internal control systems, identifies potential weaknesses, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with division personnel and organization staff.
- Prepares reports for management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or Bachelor Degree in related field with 24 semester hours in accounting.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing or CPA eligible preferred.
- Experience in the mortgage loan industry or Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) assisted programs preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting theory and practices and auditing procedures.
- Ability to evaluate internal control systems, detect weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to write clear and concise audit reports detailing findings.
- Ability to perform projects independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public while giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and ability to drive.
- Day travel and some overnight travel, both in and out of state (up to 20%).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: March 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 4,091/month