Frist Art Museum
Internal Affairs Coordinator
Frist Art Museum
Job Summary: The ideal candidate we seek is a team player who is responsible for coordinating a variety of office activities.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Reporting directly to the Director of Internal Affairs and working closely with other Frist Art Museum staff:
- Collaborates with Internal Affairs team to set schedules for maintenance and improvement projects.
- Creates documentation and tracks the progress of Internal Affairs projects and proactively communicates with team members and contractors to maintain project completion deadlines.
- Maintains a historical record documenting completed Internal Affairs projects for posterity.
- Works with FAM management to identify company policies, processes and procedures that need to be written, revised, or reconsidered. Collaborates on drafting amendments.
- Composes emails and schedules meetings to maintain effective communication between staff, external partners, and contractors.
- Organizes and maintains a file system for all Internal Affairs bids, contracts, and other important records.
- Assists with developing and forecasting the budget for Internal Affairs including Facilities, IT, Security, and Parking.
- Arranges and coordinates travel for Internal Affairs staff and contractors when necessary.
- Maintains the inventory of institutional office supplies and stationery.
- Work with volunteers and interns in a positive and constructive manner.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience in administrative support, or as a project facilitator in an office environment, is also desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheets; Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, use of internet and e-mail.
- Project management software experience a plus (Basecamp 3 for example).
- Experience with databases a plus (Altru for example)
- Excellent team skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and budgets efficiently.
The Frist Art Museum offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, long-term care, 401(k), and paid-time off.
How to Apply
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds.
- Stooping, bending, kneeling.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Working at computer for long periods of time (up to 6 hours per day).
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: May 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40