The Next Door
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
To initiate and complete the intake process, determine appropriate level of care based on assessment while collaborating and maintaining open communication with admissions, medical and clinical staff. To serve as backup to Admissions Specialists to complete phone assessments when needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Assesses perspective patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues through a face-to-face assessment upon admission.
- Determines what LOC the client meets using ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) criteria and medical necessity guidelines.
- Assist in the process of referring out clients if they do not meet appropriate criteria for admission.
- Ensure timely and professional documentation in accordance with TND, Inc. policy, professional code of ethics and as determined by grants, TDMHSAS licensure, CARF and other requirements.
- Retrieves admissions phone calls and conduct phone screening assessments for potential admissions as needed to support the team.
- Conducts pre-certification call after the completion of the intake assessment by interfacing with the clients managed care company. Will complete peer to peer reviews if initial request is denied.
- Reviews and understands insurance information provided by the admissions office, clarifies which benefits are available to client, and/or any discrepancies.
- Complete necessary documentation for grant clients and enter data into TN-WITS system.
- Serves as the clients advocate to get needs met related to intake and assessment.
- Works collaboratively with the Operations staff, Clinical staff, Utilization Review staff, Nursing Staff and Residential Counselors.
- Assures information is communicated effectively internally as well as externally to clients, families and referral sources as needed.
- Attend treatment team weekly and present case information to clinical staff regarding recent admissions.
- Other additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work required
- Current license, actively pursuing license or license-eligible in mental health or social work is required
- Certification in ASAM assessments preferred, or willingness to obtain at next offering
- Experience working directly with women who have substance use and/or mental illness is required
- Experience assessing treatment levels of care preferred
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Actively contribute to the Purpose: We exist to empower women for lifetime recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential, at all times.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times.
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST health insurance; Teladoc; Employee Assistance Program; 401K retirement plan with partial matching; Paid Time Off; six paid holidays; professional development time.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your resume and complete an application.
- Date Posted: November 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk