Stepping Stones Safe Haven
Stepping Stones Safe Haven
The Intake Coordinator will be responsible for front office coverage and guest support. This role will serve guests with application assistance, basic needs, distribution of mail, and monitoring of guest activities during the day shelter program. As a key member of the team, the Intake Coordinator works to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Understand and demonstrate Stepping Stones Safe Haven’s (SSSH) three core values: compassion, consideration, and consistency.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, to promote unity and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Provides coverage for shelter operations during assigned shifts. Shifts include weekend coverage from 7 am to 5 pm (1 hr. break), part-time, approx. 24 hrs/week, depending on needs.
- Performs general administrative functions such as noting within the communication log, checking and sorting the mail, answering the telephone, and responding to in-person inquiries in a professional manner. Provides appropriate information and referrals for those who need other resources (not necessarily client-focused).
- Helps volunteers with questions or issues when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service, encouraging guests, and providing supplies needed day to day.
- Assists with processing guest applications and providing orientation of shelter expectations and a tour of the facility. Provides new night guests with appropriate storage, bedding, and other needs.
- Assists Case Manager in ensuring all guests understand and abide by shelter rules; enforces the rules as needed.
- Intervenes with de-escalation techniques when guest conflicts arise. Reports issues to the Shelter Manager, Case Manager, and/or Executive Director.
- Maintains written and oral communication of incidents in accordance with policies.
- Maintains accurate and complete records for purposes of tracking guest-specific data (i.e. census, assistance types, etc).
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Stepping Stones Safe Haven and be driven by the mission of the organization.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness and trauma-informed strategies a plus
- Certification or interest in certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist a plus
- Driver’s license and auto insurance required
As we are growing, we are able to offer 10 paid holidays and a generous PTO plan. We offer mileage reimbursement for shelter operations and guest transportation needs.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lacey.Wilkins@steppingstonestn.org.
- Date Posted: March 29, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 04/26/2021
- Working Hours: part-time, approx. 24 hrs/week. One weekend position is availble as well, Sat/Sun from 7 am to 5:15pm with a 1 hour break.