Responsible for being the entry point for Park Center programs, receiving and distributing referrals, maintaining central database, providing information to people seeking services, and medical records oversight.
- Provide information to the community regarding Park Center programs and services:
- Is knowledgeable about all of Park Center’s programs, admission criteria, availability of services, etc.
- Fields information calls about Park Center’s services from the community
- Meets with people (consumers/referral sources) as needed to discuss programs and guide them to the services that would serve the consumer’s needs. Ensures potential clients or referral sources are given all information needed in order to make an informed choice about services.
- Is responsible for processing referrals to all of Park Center programs:
- Receives referrals for Park Center programs, ensure that all information is correct, and contact referral source to let them know that information is received. Ensures that this is done in a timely manner.
- Verifies insurance as necessary for referrals.
- Keeps accurate information regarding availability (housing beds, orientation dates for day program, etc.)
- Inputs referrals into the electronic medical record.
- Distributes referrals to the Program Directors for assessment in a timely manner.
- Does follow-up on all referrals distributed and ensure access standards are being met, calling referrals to schedule first appointment as applicable.
- Completes initial paperwork with referral sources as applicable.
- Works to ensure community satisfaction with the Park Center referral process.
- Assists with HIPAA coordination
- Assists with organizational privacy audits every other month.
- Maintains accounting of disclosures system when records are requested from an outside source.
- Is Responsible for medical records oversight.
- Coordinates with all departments to make sure they are archiving and destroying records properly.
- Facilitates records retrieval from Richards & Richards to the organization.
- Acts as liaison between Richards & Richards and Park Center to establish new user accounts.
- Determines access level for security list for new users.
- Serves as the key point person for medical record requests from outside the organization.
- Maintains accounting of disclosures for all Park Center medical records that are released.
- Maintains system for re-occurring organizational reports such as the monthly referrals summary report.
- Ensures data integrity in the electronic health record system
- Ensures appropriate communication is maintained.
- Checks e-mail regularly and respond as necessary.
- Communicates regularly with staff to meet the needs of the members served.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and Program Directors.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Values cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other Duties:
- Staffs front desk and answers main phone line for Park Center when the Office Coordinator is on PTO or away from the front desk for more than 30 minutes.
- Is knowledgeable about agency policy and procedures and follow them accurately.
- Attends all necessary staff meetings and trainings.
- Works Christmas or Thanksgiving Day as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, or related field
- Experience in the mental health field required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good decision-making ability
- Demonstrate high standards of professional and ethical behavior
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Ability to be insured to drive others
Park Center provides the following benefits for full-time positions:
A generous Paid Time Off accrual, Floating Holiday, Extended Illness Accrual, access to medical, dental, vision, and ancillary insurance, retirement plan with company matching.
How to Apply
Submit resume to email@example.com and submit a completed online application at www.parkcenternashvville.org
- Date Posted: November 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 11/23/2020
- Salary Range: $14-$16/hour
- Working Hours: Day time M-F