Catholic Charities of TN
Intake Clinical Therapist
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Intake Clinical Therapist to work in our Individual and Family Counseling program. This is a full-time position and is based in Davidson County. Agency hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The office location is 2806 McGavock Pike in the Opryland area of Nashville and our South Nashville location is at Casa Azafran in Davidson County.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team of expert Clinicians devoted to the health and healing of clients, then this is the job for you! Primary responsibilities for the Intake Clinical Therapist position have the dual responsibility of Intake for the Clinical Services Counseling Programs and maintaining a small caseload of clients. This position includes completing Intake paperwork for all new referrals to the agency, loading that information into our online platform (Salesforce), and managing and updating the waitlist for the clinical programs. In addition to providing counseling to individuals, children, couples, and families by offering individual and group activities designed to enhance personal growth and development; and relief from trauma using a Trauma-Informed Care model according to evidence-informed best practices and within agency guidelines.
- Intake support to clinical programs; screens and assesses requests for counseling.
- Provides counseling services to individuals, children, couples, and families according to evidence-informed best practices and within agency guidelines.
- Maintains complete and timely counseling notes (assessments, progress notes, reviews of treatment planning, closing summaries, etc.) on the agency database.
- Screens and assesses requests for counseling services to determine the appropriateness of the agency’s services making referrals to other agencies or qualified individuals when indicated according to agency guidelines.
- Actively seeks professional development to increase professional knowledge with an emphasis on current evidence-based best practices.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, or related field.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior and child development and the ability to use various methods and techniques of counseling with children, adults, couples, and families.
- Possessing or working toward a license in Social Work or related fields from the State of Tennessee (e.g. LCSW, LMFT, MMFT, LMSW, LPC-MHSP) is strongly preferred.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with the ability to learn new technology as needed.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to plan and organize work and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines and other agency requirements.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible working schedule to accommodate afternoons and some evenings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1879630/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Intake-Clinical-Therapist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: August 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.