Agape Animal Rescue
Intake and Foster Program Coordinator
Agape Animal Rescue
Exciting job opportunity to join a life-saving team at a growing not-for-profit based in Middle Tennessee. The work of this position goes beyond simply loving dogs as you are heavily involved with supporting animals and families in the community where empathy and compassion is a must. Your efforts will support the organization’s mission of finding loving homes for abandoned and displaced dogs through our signature foster and adoption program while cultivating better communities for both people and pets. If you are a creative, self-motivated, enthusiastic animal lover with a strong background in social services and/or medically supporting dogs specifically, Agape Animal Rescue and Training Center is the best place for you.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with partner agencies including animal control, humane societies, and other rescue organizations.
- Manage time sensitive and confidential data through an internal dog management software while striving for accuracy and efficiency.
- Onboard and support foster families through the process of welcoming a new foster dog and attaining all necessary medical, physical and training/behavior support in an effort to find a forever family through adoption.
- Mange dog waiting list and coordination of new dogs entering the Agape program including temperament testing and foster parent match making.
- Report progress at both weekly and monthly staff meetings while working closely with Operations Manager and Executive Director to ensure all tasks are executed seamlessly.
- Passion for the organization’s mission and a drive to meet and exceed operational goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain foster family relationships to meet business objectives.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively community, write clearly and informatively.
- Follow instructions, take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments, ability to keep confidence when necessary.
- Willingness to obtain necessary certificates and continuing education opportunities in an effort to be knowledgeable and successful in this position.
- Attention to detail.
Work from home and flex time available.
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus if you share a picture of your dog and brag about them! NOTE: This is position is a part-time 6-month contract position. An evaluation and full time employment discussion will be discussed at the end of the 6-month period.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 09/13/2021
- Working Hours: 20 hrs per week