Disability Rights Tennessee
Intake Advocate reports to and is responsible to the Disability Rights Attorney/Intake Director. This is a non-exempt professional position.
1. Responds to calls, letters, and emails to the agency requesting DRT assistance. If the individual’s issue appears to meet current Areas of Work, advocate gathers appropriate information to assist the review team. If the individual’s issue does not appear to meet current Areas of Work, advocate provides information and referral.
2. Assures that all requests for services are processed in a timely manner and in accordance to the agency’s ethical and procedural standards.
3. Maintains current resources and reference material to be distributed in response to request for information and referral.
4. Consults with Intake Director and review team as necessary to determine appropriate referrals.
5. Assists Intake Director in identifying trends in intake data to address gaps in services.
6. Provides limited additional assistance to individuals, at direction of Intake Director.
7. Reports abuse to appropriate agencies.
8. Enters information in Disability Advocacy Database or other database used by DRT.
9. Participates as an active member of an assigned taskforce.
10. Participates in monthly Intake Team meetings.
11. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelors Degree with 1 year or more relevant experience or Masters Degree in human services, social work, psychology, or related field.
Existing knowledge of disability rights issues preferred.
An Advocate must have the following skills and abilities:
1. Sound professional judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient use of computers and word processing software. Ability to learn to use the Disability Advocacy Database or other case database used by DRT.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage in logical analysis.
- Attentive listening skills and ability to quickly assess information.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Ability to professionally represent DRT.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
How to Apply
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Kelsey Craig: email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/01/2020
- Salary Range: Salary: $35,000-$45,000 depe
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm