Insurance Claims Specialist (Temporary)
Nashville CARES is looking for ambitious individuals who have a solid work ethic, are independently driven, and possess strong analytical skills. Are you interested in using your skills to support individuals living with HIV? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Note: This is a grant-funded position through March 31, 2023
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Process insurance medical claims accurately and timely and consistent with program guidelines.
- Verify vendor and payment details with insurance companies.
- Provide telephone assistance and problem resolution to clients and providers as needed.
- Maintain database to accurately track and manage payments and client data.
- Interact with Case Managers, clients, insurance companies as needed.
- Maintain documentation in client charts and database of contacts with clients, Case Managers, and Insurance companies.
- Actively participate in team meetings to ensure a broad understanding of program processes and facilitate process improvement.
- Actively participate in cross-training activities to facilitate understanding of departmental processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in claims processing, insurance billing, benefits administration
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships
- Superior verbal, written, customer service and analytical skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance
- Undergraduate degree and/or some college coursework
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
- Experience working with clients in HIV/AIDS social services setting
- Knowledge of healthcare environment
This temporary position is not eligible for any benefits.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 26, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $15-16/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk