Insurance Assistance Program Manager
Insurance Assistance Program Manager
6 Month Assignment with extension contingent on grant renewal
Regular Fulltime Exempt
Seeking an experienced program manager to lead the Insurance Assistance Program (IAP) of Tennessee. The IAP Manager is responsible for managing the IAP team and acting as the liaison with external vendor to ensure accurate, streamlined processing and payment of all premiums, medical and pharmacy related claims. Note: This is a 6-month assignment with an extension contingent on grant renewal.
The qualified candidate will have experience managing healthcare services/projects and must be well versed in delivery of insurance programs and project management methodologies. Additional duties include:
- Actively lead and manage all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation through closure, including grant/contract management, project execution, and tracking and reporting
- Provide leadership in regular process review meetings to ensure a broad understanding of program processes and facilitate process improvement.
- Work with other agency directors to ensure integration of IAP services into broader agency services.
- Develop/maintain a process manual for all aspects of the quality assurance process.
- Ability to meet deadlines within budget and with quality results that meet or exceed expectations Coordinate and manage diverse team of staff to deliver results on time with high quality Produce and deliver detailed status reports and briefings.
- Proactively manage scope, actions, issues and risks to ensure project success.
- Provide meeting planning and facilitation, including project team meetings and document reviews. Prepare meeting minutes and track action items.
- Coordinate project deliverables leveraging subject matter experts across the team
- Provide management, coordination and vendor oversight of IAP deliverables. Collaborate and interface with stakeholders, including end users, State-wide agencies, vendors and implementation partners Facilitate comprehensive training of staff.
- 3 years of experience in claims processing/billing/benefits administration.
- BA/BS degree in business management, public health administration or related field.
- Ability to manage and lead health care staff efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and maintain timely, detailed and accurate records; ability to proactively plan and manage tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop productive, collaborative relationships with direct reports, colleagues, funders, and other professionals and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively and professionally articulate information verbally and in writing.
- Automobile insurance and satisfactory DMV record required
- 3 years of Program Manager experience
- Experience with services delivery, HIV/AIDS issues, and/or community based organizations preferred
- Knowledge of federal/state health insurance regulations
- Spanish language skills preferred
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services