St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House Preschool in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Pre-K Instructional Coach to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in our efforts to change and improve the lives of our local families. This role contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN) by ensuring Read to Succeed’s (RTS) core elements are appropriately implemented and teachers and families are equipped to guide children participating in the program to become kindergarten ready.
The position serves as a liaison between the St. Luke’s Community House and UWMN to support teachers, families, and administrators in excellence in early childhood education and is a leader in the education arena; responsible for coaching, curriculum alignment, parent engagement, participants’ assessment, and lending library use.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide small group and differentiated instruction to coach RTS Pre-K teachers in academic and social-emotional curriculum implementation techniques in accordance with best practices, OHS, and state standards.
- Monitor RTS Pre-K teacher and student progress over time and gather essential data to assess and identify target areas for quality improvement.
- Conduct individual and small group intervention with RTS Pre-K students to promote proficiency.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate professional development trainings sessions.
- Collaborate with UWMN team to share ideas and provide solutions to support communities.
- Communicate the program’s mission, goals, objectives, and approaches with RTS stakeholders to promote continued engagement.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers (normally 2-4 per month).
- Meet, plan, and collaborate with instructional coaches, teachers, and administrators to identify gaps and achieve desired results.
- Maintain Lending Library book inventory and plan/implement periodic family reading workshops.
- Communicate with families about their child’s progress, and share tools to support continued success.
- Conduct research on trends and serve as a subject matter expert on early childhood education.
- Master’s Degree in early childhood education, child development, or family studies or a bachelors’ degree in a related field with 5 years applicable experience.
- 3 years’ experience desired in:
- Directing curriculum implementation and instruction in a professional early childhood environment
- Coordinating and facilitating professional development trainings
- Drafting and conducting student and classroom assessments
- Small group and differentiated instruction
- Serving an at-risk or special needs community
- Knowledge of TN Early Learning Standards and K-4 state educational standards as well as early childhood education state and local regulations, including DHS quality rating scale and instructional coaching techniques and philosophies.
- Proficient with techniques and protocols to communicate with families, children, volunteers, and other professionals
- Ability to analyze, understand, interpret, and applying research
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, and Exce
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity, working Monday through Friday. We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Employees are also eligible for discounted onsite childcare, and meals during work hours are provided at a reasonable charge!
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume to , and please include salary expectations.
If preferred, you may mail/fax your resume to:
St. Luke’s Community House, 5601 New York Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (615) 350-7895
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/07/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, Days