Center for Youth Ministry Training
Innovation Lab Program Coordinator
Center for Youth Ministry Training
The Innovation Laboratory helps shape the future of Christian ministry by partnering with individuals and communities of faith to develop innovations that are responsive to people’s needs, theologically informed, and transformative within their context. The Lab accomplishes this mission by guiding individual leaders and faith communities as they attend to their unique organizational culture to foster innovative potential, and walk through the Theological Innovation Process by which innovations are ideated, tested, and launched. The Lab was launched in 2018 when the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT) received a $1.1 MM grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. Since 2018, the Lab has walked with nearly 200 adults and teenagers across the country to develop innovative ministries so more people experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips leaders and communities of faith to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ, leading to identity and purpose. The CYMT accomplishes this mission through three primary initiatives: the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry, in partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Theology Together; and the Innovation Laboratory. CYMT was created in 2006.
CYMT knows that diversity in race, theology and experiences shapes communities of faith and creates unique contexts for ministry. That’s why we’re actively and intentionally prioritizing diversity of all forms among our staff, residents and ministry partners. We are still learning and growing, but if you share our passion and love for young people, you will find welcome at CYMT.
Innovation Lab Program Coordinator Objective: To support the programmatic implementation and dissemination of the Innovation Laboratory to accomplish the Lab’s goals and objectives.
Supervision: The Innovation Laboratory Program Coordinator will report to the Lab Director.
- Laboratory Logistics
- Carry out logistical implementation of Innovation Lab objectives and cohorts, including but not limited to: administrative tasks, relationship-management, and communications;
- Assist in the evaluation, organization, and adaptation of Lab programs, resources, and curriculum;
- Manage payment of Lab expenses
- Lab Programming
- Assist in the training of a diverse network of innovation coaches and collaborators;
- Guide and coach Lab participants on an as-needed basis, in consultation with the Lab director
- Lab Communications & Resources
- Assist in the development and writing of Lab curriculum and resources for cohort participants;
- Work with the CYMT Marketing Team to implement a strategic communications plan to build and communicate with the Lab’s audience and disseminate Lab insights;
- Assist in the development and writing of public resources that educate, train, and invite deeper participation and engagement with the Lab;
- Work with the Marketing Team to share the Innovation Lab story with the larger ministry community through the publication of articles, website content, and newsletters
- 3+ years of church or non-profit ministry experience
- Passion for helping shape the future of Christian ministry
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse communities (racially, ecumenically, geographically, denominationally etc.)
- Experience writing and developing curriculum and resources
- Proven relational, administrative, and logistical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects
- Health insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work possibility
- Pension Cash Benefit
- Eligible for a replenishment plan after 1 year of full time service
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at www.cymt.org/job-openings where you will also be required to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Date Posted: August 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, flexible scheduling