Nashville Public Television
Information Technology Associate
Nashville Public Television
Nashville Public Television (NPT), Nashville’s PBS station seeking to hire an Information Technology (IT) Associate. The IT Associate will assist with all aspects of information technology, production engineering and broadcast engineering responsibilities, including production tasks as needed. Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering and will work closely with both the Senior Director of Engineering and the Network Administrator.
- Understands basic Network Infrastructure.
- Understands and maintains DNS, DHCP, Routers, Switches, Corporate Firewalls; VPNs.
- Understands and maintains standard TCP/IP ports and network security (mail, network, basic IP).
- Familiar with current Microsoft servers and active directory.
- Familiar with Group Policy, Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines, Windows deployment services, WSUS and Linux.
- Familiar in PC and Mac operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware / software related problems.
- Ability to document the network.
- Competent in Desktop Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise and MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams, Visio).
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide support within the information technologies (IT) and Engineering component of all of NPT’s broadcast and network infrastructure. This includes operations and maintenance of all broadcast IT and networking systems for administration, production, and over the air systems. Respect for the security of NPT’s considerable broadcast-related networking and IT infrastructure as well as associated delivery and operations systems. Work will be performed under general supervision, but ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and independently is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Certification or degree in information technologies, broadcast engineering or a related field is preferred. Additionally, three to seven years’ experience in a technical operations field is preferred. The willingness to gain additional knowledge / training in the field of broadcast engineering; informational technology and cyber security.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with physical impairments to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods as needed. May require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as required, up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Work space varies from inside, to working outside for extended periods during the day. While primarily a traditional work schedule, this position could include some nights and weekends.
In addition to comprehensive and ongoing training, NPT offers benefits, including health insurance, and dental and vision insurance.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: HR, Nashville Public Television (NPT), 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website for more information at https://www.wnpt.org/.
- Date Posted: October 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Arts / Culture