Information Systems Tech Consultant
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
TennCare Information Systems is responsible for providing high availability, performance, and support to the timely coordination and provision of health care services. The Information Systems (IS) Tech Consultant is responsible for advanced technology architecture, engineering and administration. This role oversees all Databases related activities including the delivery of comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and infrastructure transformation, adhering to policies, managing priorities, infrastructure oversight, and ensuring that service delivery is of maximum quality. The IS Tech Consultant will accommodate the design, development, implementation and delivery of critical services necessary to support the most vulnerable citizens in Tennessee. The IS Tech Consultant will be overseeing and validating the program activities, ensuring the operational requirements are met exactly as specified.
Audit databases for the department of TennCare. This includes being familiar with DBA activities in Oracle, PostgreSQL (AWS RDS), SQL Server and potentially other RDBMS systems. Ensure proper DBA activities are being performed by our vendors. Ensure auditing of key databases is being performed and that the needed audit data is being collected, alerted on and maintained. DBA experience with Oracle RDBMS system, utilizing the Linux Operating System, 11g and 12c with RAC is required. Extensive experience with Oracle RMAN (backup, recovery and cloning) is required. Disaster recovery experience is required. Linux/Shell scripting is required. Key components include:
• Installation, configuration, administration and upgrade of Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
• Understand Database architecture, data management, partitioning, compression, and devise data archive methodology
• Work with vendor DBAs to ensure proper management and maintenance of database systems.
• Develop processes that detect and block unauthorized database activity.
• Work with Departments to determine the appropriate level of audit controls and what should be captured for audit taking into account security, business and legal needs.
• Work with Department to determine the amount of storage required as well as how much data is to be captured, stored and purge cycles.
• Perform upgrades, patches and installations of Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall.
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience managing multiple Oracle 10gR2 and 11gR2, RAC RDBMS systems.
• Hands on administration of Oracle Dataguard
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience using Oracle RMAN backup/recovery utilities
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience Oracle ASM technology
• Hands on experience with Oracle advanced security
• Hands on experience with script writing and data redaction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-Motivator and works with limited supervision
• Must be able to deliver quality and accurate work, provide results, meeting or exceed deadlines, communicate with stakeholders
• Must have worked in a 24×7 distributed environment.
• Minimum of 5 years experience with Oracle RDBMS, with 3 of those years managing both Oracle RAC and Oracle Dataguard• Research and determine how to capture audit data in AWS RDS (cloud-based) environments, for PostgreSQL, SQL Server and potentially other database products. Monitor said audited information and configure alerts and notifications for activities that need further research or reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science or engineering.
• Advance knowledge of business process analysis, functional specification
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: February 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Government