Individual Placement and Support Supervisor
Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville seeks a full-time Individual Placement and Support Supervisor to manage and coordinate the IPS program by assisting clients to obtain and maintain employment that is consistent with their vocational goals and provides support for schooling and technical training for career advancement for the residents at Dismas House. We are looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families and will take initiative in effectively communicating with program providers, residents and Dismas staff. Further, the ideal candidate must have a reliable car, and have experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals.
Managing Employment Specialists
- Carries out the services of the IPS Supported Employment program by assisting clients to obtain and maintain employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. Provides support for schooling and technical training for career advancement.
- Will maintain a caseload of 10 clients.
- Utilize individual supervisions and IPS team meetings to create and review individual and/or team client-based outcomes at least quarterly.
- Review job development logs weekly to ensure contact requirement is being met and employer relationships are being built.
- Conduct routine chart reviews to ensure each ES is appropriately documenting service
- Helps clients learn about different jobs/careers by assisting with meetings with workers/managers to ask about positions that interest clients, meetings with academic advisors, observing workers (one day or less in duration), and job fairs to speak with employers about different types of jobs.
- Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on his/her caseload, following the principles and procedures of IPS supported employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
Collaboration with Vocational Rehabilitation
- Act as main point of contact for Vocational Rehab
- Submit IPS resident referrals to VR
- Submit required documents and authorization VPOs to ensure milestone payments
- Review monthly client reports before submission
- Ensure flows to documents and VPOs and contact VR when issues arise.
- Work to include IPS program in agency QA process at least twice per year until good fidelity is met, and yearly thereafter, with focus on using results to improve IPS program
- Work with agency to collect rate of competitive employment quarterly and share outcomes with leadership and staff
- Facilitate steering committees that include executive leadership and other diverse stakeholders at least quarterly until good fidelity has been obtained, and twice per year thereafter, with focus on developing and/or sustaining a high-fidelity program
Desired Background & Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with programming or project management, implementation, and/or coordination.
- 1-3 years of related experience in coordinating or organizing programs and people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability work with vulnerable populations.
- Individual demonstrates initiative and positive attitude while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including paid medical, health and dental insurance, holidays and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/24/2022
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week