Open Table Nashville
In Kind Donations Coordinator
Open Table Nashville
The In-Kind Donation Coordinator will oversee OTN’s in-kind donation processes. OTN relies heavily on in-kind donations to sustain our supply distribution in our Street Outreach and Housing Program. The Coordinator will handle every step of the donation process from receiving inquiries through organizing the items in the office. This position reports to OTN’s Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receiving Inquiries/Scheduling Drop Offs
- Respond to inquiries via OTN’s donation email account.
- Create and maintain a consistent donation drop-off schedule.
- Greet folks dropping off donations and help them bring the items inside.
- Some donations may be picked up (coordinator discretion.)
- Coordinate with OTN partners to host supply drives.
- Storage Unit
- Meet folks with large donations (mattresses and miscellaneous furniture) at the storage unit.
- Maintain an inventory list of items brought in.
- Organize the unit as needed so necessary items can be accessed.
- Supply Organization
- Sort through donations, organize and put away.
- Take items we do not accept to ThriftSmart.
- Maintain a general knowledge of supply inventory so staff know what is available.
- General Office Duties
- Fill out in-kind donation receipts with donors.
- Check the office lobby for packages, unbox and put away, and breakdown cardboard.
- Attend OTN weekly staff meeting.
- Communicate with staff about pertinent supply items coming in.
- Volunteer communication as needed (sometimes folks want to come in and help organize and sort through donations.)
- Candidates who have experience working at a non-profit and/or general knowledge of non-profit operations will be prioritized.
- Alignment with OTN’s core values of compassion, dignity, community, integrity, and solidarity.
- Guiding care and concern for the well-being of Open Table Nashville.
- Organizational abilities to ensure storage rooms and supply inventory are properly sorted, labeled, and accessible to staff.
- Greet folks bringing donations in a manner that is friendly and welcoming.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times carrying items.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes and other larger items, like mattresses (sometimes other staff are available to help, but not always!)
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is part time (approx 15-20 hours a week) and pays $18.00 an hour. Mileage Reimbursement is provided up to $120 per week.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Allie Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: February 17, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 20 hrs a week @ 15/hr
- Working Hours: weekday office hours