Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Immigration Specialist for the Refugee and Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time and located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required.
- Provide immigration education; immigration screening; document preparation, filing and follow-up.
- Provide document translation services for individuals in need of various immigration assistance.
- Provide education to clients regarding rights and responsibilities and electronic submissions of documents.
- Verify eligibility documentation.
- Maintain accurate client records and documentation in Salesforce.
- Ensure timely completion of forms and reports,
- Participate in regular team meetings and planning sessions with the team.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in the field of immigration a must. 2 + years preferred.
- Prior training in immigration document preparation and filling.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications required.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Bilingual proficiency. Must be able to read, speak and understand both English and Spanish.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work and to work well under pressure.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Basic computer proficiency, ability to learn databases.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403 B plan with company match
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1321491/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Immigration-Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.