Andrew Jackson Foundation
Human Resources/Payables Manager
Andrew Jackson Foundation
The Human Resources/Payables Manager will manage all accounts payable functions, employee onboarding, and payroll functions of the organization, ensuring vendor payments and employee pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.The Human Resources/Payables Manager will manage all accounts payable functions, employee onboarding, and payroll functions of the organization, ensuring vendor payments and employee pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
Primary Accounting Responsibilities
- Process all payments and expenditures, including expenses payable, purchase orders, invoices, and statements, ensuring timely and accurate processing
- Reviewing and processing biweekly payroll, ensuring correct pay rates, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate historical records and reports of payables and payroll transactions.
- Reconciling Accounts Payable and Payroll Liability General Ledger accounts.
Primary Human Resource Responsibilities
- Supports management in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures. Ensures that policies and procedures are legally compliant and are designed to effectively support organizational strategy.
- Oversees workers compensation case management through on-going communication with Third Party Administrator case management staff.
- Supports management in job description/performance appraisal development. Work with CFO to develop and implement a performance review system that supports accurate assessment of employee performance and provides effective feedback for performance improvement.
- Administers benefit plans ensuring communication to employees is conducted during open enrollment period and for new employees during orientation.
- Recruiting and filling staff vacancies, screening, assisting hiring managers in selecting applicants, perform reference and background checks on candidates.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- At least five years proven Accounting/HR leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of applicable experience)
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide feedback with strong verbal and written communication skills, encouraging excellent performance.
- Must be customer focused.
- Able to build relationships, fostering teamwork and partnerships.
- Strong computer skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, holidays, and weekends on occasion.
Retirement plan with match
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Date Posted: April 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 05/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hours/wk; M-F Flexible