Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing all human resources activities for the Gordon JCC which will create an environment that encourages high performance for employees at all levels of the organization in an engaged, trusting and respectful environment.The HR Manager will be expected to develop and administer policies and procedures which support the mission and goals of the JCC and represent best practices of human resource management for both year-round and summer only staff.The HR Manager will serve as a member of the senior management team and will report to the Executive Director. This is a flexible part-time position.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Develop policies and procedures that ensure hiring of the most qualified staff. This includes job postings, interviews, reference checking, distribution of letters of hire, and notification of rejection.
- Coordinate and participate in interviewing process for all management staff and as appropriate for professional and direct service staff.
- Ensure criminal background checks for all staff is completed, and assessment tools are used where appropriate for selected applicants.
- Ensure all staff receives a complete orientation to the Gordon JCC including its mission, services, policies and procedures and expectations regarding job duties and performance.
- Develop and oversee training programs, including skills training on customer service, team building, sales, general management and other areas as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside consultants and organizations to ensure quality resources for staff training.
- Oversee and drive performance evaluation process from format design through supervisor and employee discussion. Ensure written evaluations follow established procedures, reflect employee’s performance and are completed in a timely manner.
- Consult with supervisors and managers to address employee performance issues.
- Assist management in the termination process, ensure the correct data has been gathered and the JCC policies have been followed.
- Conduct exit interviews on employees that voluntarily leave employment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure Agency is providing cost effective and comprehensive benefit programs which will support recruitment and retention of high performing staff.
- Assist in development and administration of all Agency employee benefit programs including medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance and 403(b) plans.
- Work closely with third party administrators to ensure employee benefits are managed correctly and benefit issues are resolved.
- Oversee compensation function including: ensuring initial wages and increases are based on external market information and internal equity; monitoring all payroll actions; obtaining necessary approvals; resolving specific payroll issues and answer employee questions and concerns.
Compliance with State and Federal Laws
- Ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations related to all aspects of the employment process including but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, Workers Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, COBRA, ADA and HIPAA.
- Develop and administer the necessary employee record systems to support compliance.Ensure required reports are completed on time.
- Assist in preparation and aid in representing the Gordon JCC in any grievance or dispute.
- Consistently model appropriate professional conduct and excellent customer service skills when interacting with all employees, members and visitors.
- Oversee employee safety and risk management programs.
- Participate in senior management and general staff meetings.
- Champion innovative programs that drive employee satisfaction and team morale.
- Oversee logistics of staff recognition programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 4-6 years of progressive HR experience
- Extensive working knowledge of general HR practices, policies, programs, and procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations governing employment policies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.Ability to communicate information clearly (both written and oral)
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a team member with the community and other employees
- Ability to work with diverse belief systems, values and cultures
JCc Membership and discounts
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Leslie@nashvillejcc.org
- Date Posted: March 3, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 04/01/2020
- Salary Range: $40,000 part time
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/week flexible