Human Resources Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Manager, based at our main office located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214. This position is 37-1/2 hours per week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility required.
The primary functions of the Human Resources Manager is to lead and direct human resources functions, including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits and leave, enforcing agency policies and practices, investigating concerns, and overseeing disciplinary actions. The HR Manager reports to the Operations Director, and also plays a special role in staffing the Tennessee Serves Neighbors department, with a dotted-line relationship to the County Program Expansion Director. The HR Manager will assist in timely and accurate quarterly and annual reporting according to the funder’s requirements, and must ensure that hiring policies and practices are in compliance with all contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of experience in human resources administration
2. Professional certification of PHR or SHRM-CP
3. Knowledge/experience in government contracts preferred
1. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and experience with database reporting system
3. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
5. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
6. Exercises good judgment, discretion, integrity, and professionalism
7. Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
10. Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients
11. Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Catholic Charities offers excellent benefits including health, life and short-term disibility plans. You will receive two weeks paid vacation your first year in addition to twelve personal leave days. We also provide fourteen paid holidays each year. We offer Employee Assistance Programs and wellness training for all employees.
How to Apply
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please email cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 24, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm