First Steps, Inc.
Human Resources Generalist
First Steps, Inc.
First Steps is seeking an energetic and motivated part-time HR Generalist to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in hiring and maintaining high performing employees, while meeting all internal and external expectations in HR operations. The successful candidate will be a reliable and team-oriented and be available to work on a part-time basis, usually 30 hours per week.
- Assists with implementation and administration of human resource related initiatives under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner, escalating items though appropriate channels when necessary.
- Assists with maintaining data and ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and compiles reports.
- Supports benefits administration to include reporting, enrollments and terminations.
- Monitors dates for compliance with performance review dates, certifications, license, etc.
- Processes retirement plan enrollments, contributions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate and confidential personnel records ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
This position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field and 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Heather Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 14, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/07/2021