Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the daily operation of the human resource functions of the organization. This includes coordination of recruitment, hiring, and retention activities, as well as administering the performance management and compensation programs. In addition, the Generalist serves as a consultant for management in the areas of personnel law and regulatory body compliance with federal, state and local employment law, as well as ensuring documentation of same. This position reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administers the human resource functions of the organization, including workforce planning and employment, human resource development, compensation, employment labor and relations, and occupational health, safety and security.
- In collaboration with the CHRO, establishes strategic goals and objectives on an annual basis to meet the human resource needs of the organization.
- In conjunction with CHRO, develops, implements, and evaluates an organization-wide recruitment plan based on staffing needs as well as approved budget and position control.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the organization’s hiring process and onboarding program, coordinating with Leaders and Directors as needed.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the organization’s performance management processes and systems, working closely with the Leaders and Directors to improve performance, promote employee development and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates the organization’s coaching and corrective action processes and systems, working closely with the Leaders and Directors to improve performance and retention rate.
- Serves as an internal consultant to the Leadership Team and Directors in the areas of employment law and regulatory body compliance, including individual, small group, and large group coaching and training as needed.
- Coordinates employee grievances and/or personnel investigations, working closely with Leaders and Directors as needed.
- Consults with the employee assistance provider, legal counsel and/or liability carriers on employment issues, as needed or as directed by the CHRO.
- Represents the organization in regards to EEOC and other employment law and regulatory compliance agencies as needed.
- Researches and recommends employee programs to the Leadership Team, as well as administers these programs through Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other support systems.
- Leads and/or participates on committees and special projects, including standing committees for Privileging, Wellness, Safety/Infection Control and others as assigned.
- Develops, facilitates and presents various staff development training topics and materials, including General New Employee Orientation and Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive personnel records and reports system in compliance with legal and regulatory body standards.
- Maintains all relevant documentation necessary to meet legal and regulatory body standards, including tracking internal functions of the Human Resources department itself.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and evaluates Human Resources policies and procedure for the organization as approved by the Leadership Team.
- Ensures that a welcoming and safe working environment is present throughout the organization
- Serves on a variety of administrative committees
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee, and company information,
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of human resources experience in healthcare field desired. PHR, SPHR or related certification preferred.
Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds; ability to hear, see, stand, walk, sit, stoop and reach; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent communication and customer service skills; good problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to present, teach, and coach in individual, as well as small and large group settings; excellent organizational skills for managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and assignments; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; ability to learn, implement, and utilize HRIS product. If recovering, a minimum of two years abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step Program preferred.
Competitive Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, PTO, 401-K with company match, and a beautiful work setting on the banks of the Cumberland River.
How to Apply
Apply from our website job board:
Link to available jobs at bottom of the welcome page
- Date Posted: April 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)