YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Human Resources Generalist
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position will support YWCA staff throughout the employee life cycle, with a focus on recruitment, on-boarding, internship program coordination/outreach, training and recognition and retention. It will also support the VP of Human Resources in various HR initiatives and activities.
- Conducts full cycle recruitment, including: create and post internal and external job announcements, screen and refer candidates, coordinate and participate in the interview process, perform reference and background checks and initiate offer.
- Executes and manages all organizational training initiatives, documentation and follow up.
- Executes and manages the benefits enrollment process within the HRIS system and is responsible for reporting and communicating changes to the third-party benefits administrator.
- Serves as database administrator by maintaining ATS/HRIS system setup, creating workflows, and auditing the accuracy and integrity of data. Creates reports from database, as needed.
- Facilitates new employee orientation and onboarding process and is responsible for acquiring all employee documentation needed for payroll, HR and funders.
- Coordinates YWCA internship program to include recruitment, outreach, training, and on-boarding.
- Maintains accurate and confidential personnel records ensuring compliance with legal and funder requirements.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assists with recognition, retention and engagement activities/events.
- Responds to general HR inquiries from employees and outside parties, including employee verifications and unemployment claims.
- Attends YWCA and community meetings as requested.
- Assists with agency functions and group activities as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or SHRM certification/Bachelors in a non-related field is required. A minimum of two years’ experience in recruiting/human resource experience is also required. The equivalent in education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and/or talk on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and able to travel independently to reach engagements.
- Position requires incumbent to have personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Position requires a personal cell phone that may be used for business purposes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competency with MS Office, HRIS/ATS systems/software, social media and internet navigation.
- Outstanding level of professionalism and cultural/gender sensitivity when communicating with internal and external clients.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Customer service focused with an emphasis on confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis.
- Proven ability to be flexible and effectively manage change.
- Ability to work well as member of team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to speak to, promote and engage in the mission of the YWCA.
- Commitment to continued improvement towards organizational inclusion protocols and processes within the workplace.
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/HSA/Life/Long Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Vacation/Sick
- Floating Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk