The Next Door
Human Resources Coordinator
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for managing the posting, recruiting, hiring and onboarding for new TND team members. In addition, the HR Coordinator supports and collaborates with the HR Director to ensure effective and efficient operations of all HR services to The Next Door, each employee and candidates of The Next Door (TND).
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Recruit for open positions, cultivating relationships with referral sources and researching job boards to create a qualified pool of candidates for open positions within the organization.
- Manage the posting / application to hire process, supporting hiring managers and coordinating and effective and efficient applicant to onboard process for the organization.
- Coordinate and review reference checks, background checks and coordinate pre-hire/post offer drug screens and TB testing.
- Maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and local laws/regulations in relation to Human Resource functions, in addition to requirements of all licensing and accreditation agencies.
- Coordinate completion of personnel forms and 1st day on-boarding process of new employees.
- Update internal and external sources with eligible new hire data.
- Manage/maintain accurate data in all HR related systems used within the organization.
- Maintain / audit personnel files to ensure HR is audit-ready at all times.
- Provide customer service to team members and supervisors for all HR related items.
- Coordinate the review of payroll with all supervisors and prepare payroll for submission to accounting for processing. Communicate any issues on a regular basis with staff and ensure that staff are compliant with expectations in the area of payroll and leave management.
- Collaborate with HR Director to ensure all HR functions are appropriately managed throughout the year, to include but not limited to, Annual Performance Reviews, merit increases, coaching/progressive discipline, benefit coordination, paid leave monitoring/reporting, workers compensation, and employee wellness.
- Coordinate agency staff appreciation and recognition events.
- Act as liaison between various HR vendors/service providers and agency.
- Support retention and development of staff including facilitating orientation training and assisting in the planning of training events.
- Generates various reports and handles multiple HR projects that align with organizational need and strategic plans to ensure a positive experience throughout the employee life cycle.
- Provide general education or direction to staff regarding HR policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Possess proficient computer skills including e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times. Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST insurance including medical, dental and vision; Teladoc; Employee Assistance Program; 401K with partial matching; six paid holidays; PTO; professional development hours.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to complete an application and to submit your resume.
- Date Posted: December 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk