Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Human Resources Business Partner
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides tactical Human Resources (HR) support for managers in the field. The HRBP will work with managers within their region and support their teams. The HRBP works with managers to address appropriate courses of actions with all issues related to Human Resources. The person in this role will need to be a proactive communicator and change agent who can balance employee needs with business objectives, build relationships, and create integrated solutions.
- Assists managers in assessing Human Resource (HR) needs and the resources necessary for employee relations, recruiting, retention and engagement of staff. Links recruitment and retention initiatives to business objectives by advising the Vice President of HR on program design and execution to support current and future business needs.
- Responsible for collaborating with managers in developing a staffing and recruiting plan for location hiring needs, partners with the Recruiter to identifying sources of talent and driving processes that result in efficient and effective hiring.
- Develops and monitors key success metrics (quantitative and qualitative) for all HR activities. Reports regularly on employee relations, recruiting status and proposes mitigation actions to address departments’ concerns related to recruitment and retention.
- Partners with Goodwill’s Marketing team to ensure Goodwill’s employment branding approach is used and adopted across the company.
- Assists with development and implementation of HR policies, procedures and tools ensuring the standardization of policies and procedures within the HR Department and across the company.
- Provides daily support to managers in proactively creating high performing teams in an inclusive environment resulting in high engagement and low turnover.
- Identifies training needs, formulates recommendations, and develops effective training and training materials with support from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Develops and facilitates management training related to best practices in attracting, assessing, hiring and retaining talent.
- Reviews the onboarding program and other HR training for continuous improvements.
- Provides support to managers in resolving employee complaints and achieving appropriate resolution to work place problems by leading investigations of employee complaints timely and thoroughly from incident report through final disposition. Ensures proper documentation is maintained. Escalates issues appropriately to department leadership.
- Provides management coaching and guidance on performance management, corrective action, complaint issues and termination approval process. Monitors, tracks, follows up and ensures consistency on documentation, case files, or other assignments and adheres to time-lines.
- Assists Departmental Leadership with preparing position statements related to EEOC/THRC charges, and represents the company, as needed, at hearings such as mediation.
- Consults with managers on Workers’ Compensation process serving as liaison with Benefits Manager and HR Specialist and providing guidance regarding issues such as drug testing, work restrictions, light duty and return to work.
- Remains knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, industrial psychology, human resources, business or other related area is required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of HR Generalist experience with exposure to a variety of human resources functions is required.
3. Project management, organizational and analytical skills in order to manage multiple processes and initiatives simultaneously is required.
4. Strong facilitation and program delivery skills to support leadership and talent initiatives are required.
5. Prior team leader or supervisory experience is a plus.
6. Experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Collaborative with proven ability to build rapport at all levels of the organization and leverage networks.
2. Ability to drive continuous improvement of recruitment and retention practices, systems, processes and tools.
3. Superior oral and written skills, including the ability to influence others.
4. Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively represent the company to others.
5. Strong employee relations and investigation skills.
6. Able to resolve issues successfully when handling situations that are not clearly defined and require sound judgment and decision-making.
7. Able to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
8. Ability to effectively problem-solve.
9. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
10. Able to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
11. Superior organizational skills as well as ability to prioritize, be thorough and meet deadlines.
12. Strong analytical, project management and change management skills.
13. Knowledgeable regarding federal, local and state employment laws.
14. Able to understand, communicate, comply with and administer policies and procedures.
15. Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
16. Experience with HRIS systems, including report writing preferred.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 27, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services