Human and Physical Resources Manager
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Area of Responsibility: Administration
Wage Classification: Exempt
Position Summary: The Manager of Human and Physical Resources Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Administration, managing the daily and periodic needs of the staff and facility. Along with the Director of Finance and Administration, the Human and Physical Resources Manager may work with the Facilities and HR Committees of the board to guide development of these resources in accordance with strategic objectives. This person acts as a resource for all personnel matters, including documentation, communication and benefits management. The Human and Physical Resources Manager is also responsible for all facets of the facility, ensuring optimal functioning, adequate training of all staff in safety and security protocols, and proper maintenance of all infrastructure components.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and communicates company policies, procedures and practices on all personnel and physical resource matters.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to personnel matters.
- Maintains paper and electronic personnel files, ensuring proper documentation of work eligibility and proper segregation of documentation protected by HIPAA
- Ensures continuity of process and documentation of the employee cycle, from recruitment to onboarding/orientation to exit interviews
- Manages workers’ compensation, including filing and maintenance of claims, staff and dancer education, risk assessment and relationship management
- Manages staff engagement through feedback, evaluation process, staff development and training opportunities, staff recognition and conflict resolution
- Serves as a liaison with benefits manager, ensuring proper education of staff regarding all benefits and coordinating open enrollment process.
- Assesses benefit options and commercial insurance package as necessary for approval by the Finance Committee.
- Participates as needed on both HR and Facilities Committees.
- Manages the physical resources and responsible for utilities, communications hardware and software, company vehicles, building maintenance and premises projects as they arise.
- Ensures optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, technological, fire/life safety and elevators.
- Maintains vendor relationships for all global resources, including office and building supply vendors, janitorial staff, technology services, maintenance providers and shared service providers
- Trains all staff on proper use of facility resources, including entry and exit protocols, training of opening and closing staff to ensure building security, and internal communication and documentation for facility maintenance needs.
- Ensures adequate coverage of facility during all hours of operation.
- Maintains health and safety arrangements in facilities to ensure OSHA compliance.
- Manages emergency plans, including communication, testing and staff training.
- Maintains the facility budget.
- Assists Director of Finance and Administration with personnel budget and forecasting, including frequent reporting to Finance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Work Requirements and Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for a multi-talented multi-tasker with great organizational skills and extraordinary communication skills. This person will act as a central clearinghouse on behalf of the Director of Finance and Administration for all matters regarding Human Resources, Facilities, Technology and Staff Engagement.
Additionally, this individual will have the following experience and attributes:
- Minimum of a BA, specific coursework related to HR or team management
- Prior experience managing staff members and external vendor relationships
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software and firmware installations and managing relationships with vendors
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
Health insurance, 401k, vacation days
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Human and Physical Resources Manager” as the email’s subject line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No phone calls, please. You may be asked to submit additional information such as references, recommendation letters or writing samples, depending on your area of interest.
- Date Posted: March 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture