HR Liaison Assistant
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
A Legal Assistant will be responsible for performing administrative functions on behalf of the Business Operations Group such as: supporting the business operations to implement and review operational processes and HR Liaison related functions. The Legal Assistant will also perform administrative duties and help refine the business processes supporting the TennCare Eligibility Administrator while contributing support to Member Services staff.
• Assist HR Liaison team with HR related transactions for TennCare’s Member Services department
• Perform administrative duties such as filing and scheduling
• Assist in resume review
• Assist in creating and maintaining reports
• Assist in ensuring timely completion of miscellaneous HR related tasks such as time & labor and performance management
• Assist in onboarding employees
• Draft department wide communications
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Strong organizational skills necessary, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
• Excellent writing and communication skills required
• Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college, university, or professional school with one of the following (preferred):
• OR Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business discipline
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: February 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Government