Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Area of Responsibility: Administration
Wage Classification: Salary, exempt
Position Summary: The HR Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer, managing the daily and periodic needs of the staff and finance department. Along with the CFO, the HR Coordinator works closely with the Accounting and Resources Manager and the HR Committee of the board to guide development of these resources in accordance with strategic objectives. This person acts as a resource for personnel matters, including documentation, communication, benefits management and assisting in administrative needs of the Finance department as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to personnel matters
- Maintains paper and electronic personnel files, ensuring proper documentation of work eligibility and proper segregation of documentation protected by HIPAA
- Ensures continuity of process and documentation of the employee cycle, assists in recruitment and onboarding/orientation to exit interviews
- Manages unemployment claims and external surveys related to employment
- Manages conflict resolution through structured feedback, evaluation process, staff development and training opportunities, and staff recognition
- Serves as a liaison with benefits manager, ensuring proper education of staff regarding all benefits and coordinating open enrollment process
- Participates on HR Committee
- Manages emergency plans, including communication, testing and staff training
- Assists Finance Department with collection of credit card receipts and recording in the general ledger
- Manages 401K compliance and assists in external audits
- Completes yearly Discrimination compliance – Title VI
- Completes yearly EEOC data collection
- Produces and distributes wage letters
- Assists CFO with personnel budget and forecasting
- Assists Finance Department with other tasks as needed
Work Requirements and Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for a multi-talented multi-tasker with great organizational skills and extraordinary communication skills. This person will act as a central clearinghouse on behalf of the Chief Financial Officer for matters regarding Human Resources.
Additionally, this individual will have the following experience and attributes:
1. Minimum of a BA, specific coursework related to HR or team management or equivalent work experience.
2. Prior experience relating to staff members and external constituents
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this document is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, circumstances may require that other, or different tasks be performed (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, paid vacation and sick time
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Arts / Culture