Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied, a Christian residential home for women, comprised of four U.S. homes, has an immediate opening for an HR Administrator (Part-Time) at our corporate office located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Mercy Multiplied is dedicated to help young women break free from life-controlling behaviors and situations, including eating disorders, self-harm, drug and alcohol addictions, unplanned pregnancy, depression, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking. Our program is voluntary, biblically-based, and free of charge to young women ages 13 to 32. It uses proven methods, lasts approximately six months, and features a multi-dimensional approach to heal body, mind, and spirit.
Overview: Under general guidance of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the HR Administrator administers benefits programs; maintains employee records; manages HR documents; assists with payroll processes; ensures compliance with federal/state/local rules and regulations; manages employee leaves of absence; and updates internal databases and software.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Keeps employee records up to date, maintaining employee information in HR platform, databases, and personnel files
- Conducts written and verbal employment verifications
- Manages corporate library and maintains staff listing of required teaching materials
- Maintains the Employee Handbook with updated policies/procedures and other pertinent information, as needed
- Assists with performance management by distributing and tracking performance evaluations in a timely manner
- Handles benefits plan enrollments and terminations, disability claims, COBRA, etc.
- Answers employee questions about coverage; communicating eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters
- Distributes mandatory plan documents and notices in accordance with the DOL and IRS (Summary Plan Description, HIPAA Privacy and other Annual Participant Notices, etc.)
- Assists with workers’ compensation claims, incident reviews, and other safety-related duties, as needed
- Assists with the payroll process by providing and updating relevant employee information, such as work schedules, direct deposits, employment status, supervisor and pay rate changes
- Responsible for ongoing administration and training for all users of the online electronic timecard system including adding and terminating employees into the system
- Tracks and notifies employees of eligibility before enrollment takes effect
- Submits timely remittance of employee and employer deferrals/contributions on a biweekly basis
- Timely distribution of required 401k notices and disclosures
- Assists with annual compliance, including year-end census report
- Reviews requests for FMLA and other leaves of absence and prepares written responses; maintains the FMLA file in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Obtains medical certifications and re-certifications in a timely manner
- Tracks FMLA time used on a rolling calendar year and coordinates the use of leave time with the payroll process
- Assists with compiling of information for general & professional liability audits, financial audits, licensing reviews, and various surveys
- Assists with internet research on current employment law & California law
- Creates required reports (internal, state, and federal)
- Ensures compliance in reviews and audits (workers’ comp, general & professional liability, financial, and other surveys)
Reports to: Senior Director, Human Resources
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a relevant field and at least 2 years of successful work experience with benefits administration, or an equivalent amount of education and experience required.
Skills: Considerable knowledge of current employment laws and modern human resources practices/procedures; basic knowledge of the laws, policies and procedures governing health insurance administration; exceptional organization and time-management skills; outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; a high level of integrity, discretion, and professionalism; ability to work independently with limited supervision and instruction at times. Should demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality in one’s work. Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel with ability to create, maintain, and analyze computer spreadsheets utilizing mathematical formulas; knowledge of HRIS related systems (HR database). Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics and a discerning approach to the sensitive and confidential nature of all matters related to the business of the ministry
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- Personal testimony (only up to two pages please)
- Salary requirements
- Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please).
Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: January 13, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: $17-$18 per hour