Housing Services Manager
Nashville CARES is seeking an engaged social service professional to provide comprehensive case management services to people living with HIV (PLWH) who are unhoused. The primary objective is to work with PLWH who are experiencing homelessness to secure housing resources within the community and increase housing stability for PLWH who have been previously homeless and/or are housing vulnerable. The Housing Services Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with housing providers and community planning groups, serving as CARES representative in the housing and unhoused community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as agency contact for community relationships and activities with: Continuum of Care, MDHA-Shelter Plus Care, Homeless Impact Division, Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Urban Housing Solutions.
- Coordinate completion of housing paper work related to HMIS, and provision of ESG Rapid Rehousing services.
- Develop relationships with community housing providers and assist with connecting case managers and clients to housing providers appropriate to the client’s needs.
- Provide comprehensive, integrated services specifically targeted to address the changing, challenging and complex needs of individuals living with HIV who are experiencing housing vulnerability or who are unhoused
- Meet regularly with clients in the office, client’s homes, and in the community to conduct comprehensive assessments of individual need, and to provide assistance and advocacy regarding medical, social, community, financial and other needed services
- Based on clients’ identified needs, establish a plan of care to ensure clients can more easily access medical care, substance use disorder services, oral health care, mental health services, and support services, including transportation, housing, and public benefits
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients to promote a partnership in achieving client goals
- Work proactively and independently, and as a team with other Case Managers, to offer individualized care for each client
- Coordinate with a network of care providers to help clients achieve improved medical outcomes, and monitor each of the clients and to ensure they maintain adherence to their medical needs by face to face meetings, phone calls, and semi-annual assessments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing community based social or health care services. A supervised BSW/MSW internship may be considered for one year,
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families, and co-workers
- Knowledge and skills to work with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Understanding of social determinants of health and their impact on an individual’s ability to engage in and maintain health care resources
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to utilize an electronic client record .
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain an objective and compassionate attitude in dealing with varying types of situations and personalities.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel requited for client/agency related business.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Community-based case management experience
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk