Housing Resource Navigator
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Housing Resource Navigator works closely with prospective property owners and mangers to promote permanent housing opportunities for homeless, or at risk for homelessness, Veterans and their families. Additionally, he/she is a liaison to partner hotel organizations.
Housing / Hotel Resource Navigation:
1. Identify appropriate permanent housing options for Veterans, such as, subsidized housing Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, VASH, permanent supportive housing, affordable and market rate housing, and other housing opportunities.
2. Network and collaborate with area community public and private housing partners & resources to establish a pipeline for Veterans
- Establish and maintain relationships with property managers/owners (public/private).
- Establish and maintain relationships with other community / agency housing navigators or housing navigators’ systems.
- Field inquiries from prospective landlords/property owners to provide information regarding subsidies, security deposits and rent and utility assistance.
- Maintain a property manager/owner contact log.
3. Identify appropriate short-term emergency / hotel / motel housing options for Veterans
- Establish and maintain relationship with hotel partners.
- Maintain a hotel contact log.
- Initiate and renew Veteran hotel reservations.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager and Chief Financial Officer regarding agency billing.
4. In coordination with program manager and Chief Development and External Affairs Officer, prepare materials for making presentations to realtors, property managers and property owners or groups thereof.
5. Establish, update, maintains and communicate regarding a list of available housing opportunities.
6. Remain familiar with current housing market information, housing trends and available resources.
7. Participate in relevant community planning processes to include regional Continuums of Care and related CoC Committees.
- In consultation with assigned case managers determine housing barriers, preferences, needs and goals, conduct screening interviews and complete intake documentation.
- Assist assigned Case Managers and Veterans in search for housing, including filling out rental applications, interpreting leases and understanding tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain needed documentation of services rendered to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes. This includes both agency chart and HMIS.
1. Adhere to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency to include assistance with events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Business Administration from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong preference for those candidates with experience housing and homelessness and related social services and resources.
- Knowledge of: Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation Software (PowerPoint).
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran Preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regional Veteran services and resources.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Broad capacity for global thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to motivate clients toward success.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
- Possess valid, current Tennessee driver’s license.
This position is full time at 40 hours/week; excellent PTO policy; 401K and limited health care plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: December 21, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/11/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week