Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Housing Programs Coordinator – WAP & LIHEAP
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Division: Community Programs
Reports to: Housing Programs Manager – Energy
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 32
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,710
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers and monitors the federally-funded Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements, administers, and monitors assigned programs, including program design, contract issuance, payment review, and grant closeout.
- Assists in preparation of related contracts and contract attachments.
- Reviews payment requests for compliance; authorizes payments; processes grantee pay requests.
- Assists in policy interpretation and implementation.
- Assists in preparation of the annual federal application for WAP and LIHEAP.
- Provides technical assistance to grantees.
- Reviews Quality Assurance audits and prepares monitoring reports for WAP.
- Reviews program monitoring reports for LIHEAP and reviews and approves grantee responses to LIHEAP monitoring reports.
- Assists in the development of program manuals, program descriptions, and policies.
- Analyzes and reviews state and federal statutory and regulatory policies as they relate to assigned programs.
- Prepares required reports for submission to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Energy or other entities as assigned.
- Enters data into and generates reports from federal and state mandated tracking systems.
- Recommends policy clarifications and revisions to Director or Program Manager.
- Researches specific policy issues as requested by the Director or Program Manager.
- Participates in Division workshops, including making presentations on relevant topic areas.
- Assists in the training of new staff and partner agency personnel.
- Works collaboratively within and across Divisions to support implementation of assigned programs and other Division programs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; post-high school certification, especially a Bachelor degree, preferred.
- One year of experience in the administration of a housing weatherization or energy efficiency program or a federal assistance program; interpreting, evaluating and implementing housing policy; and/or managing state or federal grants.
- Experience in the administration of the Federal WAP and/or LIHEAP programs is preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of energy efficiency standards and WAP technical requirements or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Knowledge of LIHEAP policies and procedures or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Experience with the implementation of federal, state, or local energy efficiency programs is preferred
- Skill in grant administration is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with agency staff and the public in giving and obtaining information.
- Treats people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Computer literate: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 3,710/month