Responsible for locating housing placements for the Outreach Team with Park Center by actively seeking out and maintaining relationships with landlords, in the private and public sector, and maintaining a directory of all appropriate housing options in Nashville. The Locator will search for and secure rental property/units to assist individuals experiencing homelessness in Davidson County. This position will be required to keep housing data and perform administrative duties to support the work.
- Locates actionable, affordable, and appropriate housing for the Outreach Team.
- Conducts landlord recruitment on behalf of Park Center and its partners.
- Maintains on-going relationships with landlords and other housing providers, including acting as a liaison between landlord and member as needed.
- Meets with Outreach Team and members to identify preferences around neighborhood, apartment size, etc.
- Negotiates leases on behalf of members in collaboration with housing navigators and other community partners.
- Coordinates Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, etc) process and paperwork and acts as a liaison between public housing authority and Park Center.
- Maintains a regularly updated Housing Directory of available and appropriate housing options in Nashville, including documentation of all contacts with housing providers.
- Attends the community wide Landlord Engagement meetings through the Homeless Impact Division.
- Maintain accurate data and create monthly reports to measure and communicate progress on identifying housing with members.
- Assists individuals in obtaining and moving into housing.
- Meets with members to assess type of housing needed based on eligibility and choice (e.g. Section 8, Urban Housing Solutions, Park Center housing, recovery housing, market rate housing). Collects documentation from members and Outreach Team staff for housing applications (Social Security cards, proof of income, etc).
- Schedules tours of available rental properties. Coaches members on navigating interviews with landlords. Accompanies members to interviews with landlords when possible.
- Coordinating with the Finance Department, Outreach Team, landlords, and utility companies to pay move-in costs for members.
- Provides Welcome Home Kit once housing approved and assists with any other move-in needs.
- Confirms with Outreach Team that members are connected to housing stabilization services at Park Center or outside organizations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other agencies in Nashville involved in housing members.
- Values cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other duties
- Participates in other Park Center agency activities such as special events and working designated holidays, including Thanksgiving or Christmas, as scheduled.
- Adheres to all program policies and procedures.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with landlords, real estate, customer service, property management, or related issues.
- Experience in mediation and/or crisis management.
- Strong ability to work within a team with flexibility to help with coverage.
- Strong time management skills and ability to independently meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with other providers.
- Ability to work in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Must be insurable under Park Center’s automobile insurance.
Generous PTO and Extended Illness.
Access to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, cancer, and accident insurance.
Retirement contributions and matching program.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Also, go to www.parkcenternashville.org and complete an online application.
- Date Posted: March 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 04/05/2021
- Salary Range: $20-$23/hr
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri