Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Housing Case Manager, Nashville
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The position is primarily responsible for carefully assessing veteran and his/her family housing needs, developing action plans, and providing or arranging assistance to the veteran and his/her family through referrals to other community partners. The employee will work with clients to continually revise plans as needed to maximize success. The employee should expect work in both Clarksville and Nashville offices and will be expected to work in the field as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete a full range of social work/ case management activities with homeless and housing vulnerable veterans and their families: Intake and Assessment, Care Planning (develop, monitor, update and revise), Referral, Liaison/Brokering, Education and Advocacy.
2. Through direct linkage, advocacy, education, and support, implement and update the client with a comprehensive Case Management Plan to secure and/or maintain access to and use of:
- Housing and Housing Resources: VASH, (subsidized/certificate programs) and private landlords.
- Community Social Services and Resources: entitlements, public assistance, financial assistance, employment and legal aid.
3. Coordinate with the client access and use of agency and community direct financial assistance resources to include rent/utility deposits, rent, utility and other relevant housing expenses.
4. Facilitate proactive problem solving and communication between clients and landlords.
5. Assist in the process of securing and maintaining needed program(s) eligibility documentation.
6. Participate with team to identify, develop and implement best practices for services.
7. Maintain needed documentation of services rendered to include: contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes.
8. Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
Resource Identification / Outreach:
1. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key housing services/resources providers that support permanent housing placement.
2. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key veteran and social services providers of services that supporting client long-term permanent housing stability.
- Enter individual client services rendered by Welcome Center staff into the client database.
1. Adhere to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency to include assistance with events.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong preference for those candidates with experience housing and homelessness and related social services and resources.
This position is full time at 40 hours/week; excellent PTO policy; 401K and limited health care plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 12/27/2021
- Salary Range: $33,000-37,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week