Legal Aid Society
Housing Attorney in Clarksville
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society’s mission is to advance, defend and enforce the legal rights of low income and vulnerable people in order to secure for them the basic necessities of life. Our staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security and special education.
At Legal Aid Society, we…
- Celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equal justice and advocacy for low-income people.
- Treat clients, staff, and the public with dignity and respect.
- Appreciate the experiences and needs of people of diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate a personal sense of integrity.
The Housing Attorney will provide civil legal representation to income-eligible clients with a focus on:
- Home retention including landlord tenant issues and home owner issues.
- Federal income tax issues.
- Fair housing discrimination issues.
Representation may include administrative advocacy, litigation in state and federal courts, community education and advocacy, and outreach activities to low-income or vulnerable middle Tessesseans.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Juris Doctor (JD).
- Admission to practice in Tennessee, or eligible through comity.
- Minimum of 2 years of legal practice.
- Excellent research, writing, and advocacy skills.
- A demonstrated interest in public service and an understanding of issues unique to diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at email@example.com. Subject line should read:
re: Clarksville Housing Attorney
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $59,767-67,263