Hospice Social Worker/PRN
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency, then we can’t wait to speak with you!
We’re hiring 2 (two) PRN Social Workers to assist in the Franklin and Lebanon areas.
The Social Worker provides an assessment for and provision of psychosocial services and support to patients and their families.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family’s psychosocial status and assists in accessing resources for social, financial, and community needs for adequately managing care and dealing with death.
- Upon initial contact with the patient, reviews the services hospice is responsible for providing. Assists in obtaining informed consents.
- Develops a plan of care that optimizes patient and family ability to cope with the psychosocial impact of illness and impending death.
- Offers support, guidance and counseling in order to diminish stress and enhance emotional wellbeing.
- Provides information about and/or refers to other community resources that are available to supplement psychosocial needs.
- Describes additional Alive Hospice support services that may be used if appropriate, to ease care-giving demands (i.e., Patient Care Volunteer, Home Health Aide, Respite).
- Educates patient and family about Advance Directives as a means of promoting self-determined life closure.
- Assists patients and families to complete Advance Directives as needed.
- Initiates opportunities for patient and family to discuss funeral planning and burial arrangements.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care planning conference.
- Collaborates with other team members about ongoing psychosocial issues and family dynamics in order to heighten the delivery of empathetic and emotionally supportive care.
- Assesses family’s bereavement needs throughout the duration of the patient’s life and develops a bereavement plan of care for the family following the patient’s death. This includes referral to Grief Support Services as necessary.
- Participates in the after-hours on call program and is available to respond in situations when the need for psychosocial care arises.
Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work. One (1) year of work experience preferred in healthcare or agency setting; Hospice experience preferred. TN state licensure as LMSW, or LCSW, or willing to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire.
Alive offers all PRN employees the ability to contribute to a 403(b) retirement plan from the first day of employment! Alive also offers a supportive, caring work environment where your skills will be appreciatied by those you care for, and those you work alongside!
How to Apply
Read more about this position and apply at www.alivehospice.org/careers
- Date Posted: August 2, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Weekdays