Hospice Social Worker
Alive provides its team members the ability to combine passion for healthcare and love of community in ways that impact us all. Come serve with us!
The Social Worker provides psychosocial services and support to patients and their families in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. Social Worker visits patients and families in their homes to provide support and referrals, if necessary, to community resources.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family’s psychosocial status and assists in accessing resources for social, financial, and community needs for adequately managing care and dealing with death.
- Upon initial contact with the patient, reviews the services hospice is responsible for providing. Assists in obtaining informed consents.
- Develops a plan of care that optimizes patient and family ability to cope with the psychosocial impact of illness and impending death.
- Offers support, guidance and counseling in order to diminish stress and enhance emotional well being.
- Provides information about and/or refers to other community resources that are available to supplement psychosocial needs.
- Describes additional Alive Hospice support services that may be used if appropriate, to ease caregiving demands (i.e., Patient Care Volunteer, Home Health Aide, Respite).
- Educates patient and family about Advance Directives as a means of promoting self determined life closure.
- Assists patients and families to complete Advance Directives as needed.
- Initiates opportunities for patient and family to discuss funeral planning and burial arrangements.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Care Planning Conference.
- Collaborates with other team members about ongoing psychosocial issues and family dynamics in order to heighten the delivery of empathetic and emotionally supportive care.
- Assesses family’s bereavement needs throughout the duration of the patient’s life and develops a bereavement plan of care for the family following the patient’s death.
- Facilitates bereavement support groups.
- Conducts presentations to professional and community organizations about patient services, issues related to death and dying and bereavement support groups.
- Attends department meetings.
- Serves on department and agency committees.
- Attends mandatory agency in-services as part of continuing education.
- Completes all clinical documentation in a timely manner, per Alive Hospice policy.
- Notifies team members of significant changes in patient status, using established agency procedures.
- Completes staff activities daily log providing an accurate account of time worked and mileage covered.
- Follows all agency protocols, policies and procedures appropriately.
- Participates in the after hours program an is available to respond in situations when the need for psychosocial care arises
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work. One (1) year of work experience required in healthcare or agency setting; Hospice experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
State of Tennessee licensure as an L.M.S.W. preferred, or working toward said license. Current Tennessee driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by state law
You are entitled to participate in our employee health, dental, vision, group life, long-term disability insurance and other voluntary supplemental products. We offer a generous PTO plan and the opportunity to contribute to retirement savings through a 403(b) program. Many surprise perks and fun team activities throughout the year.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.alivehospice.org/careers
- Date Posted: April 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/21/2021
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with some oncall responsibility