Alive provides its team members the ability to combine a passion for healthcare and a love of community in ways that impact us all. Come serve with us!
The Chaplain provides spiritual counsel and support to the hospice patients and their families. This position is on our north homecare team serving north Davidson and Cheatham counties, Robertson, and Sumner counties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an initial spiritual assessment of patient’s and family’s needs according to agency standards and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements a plan of care with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and family; and includes the patient’s faith community if requested.
- Visits patients and families, providing spiritual counsel and care in a manner accessible to and agreeable to the individual patient and family.
- Engages in prayer and sacramental ministry to patients and families, as requested, and as appropriate.
- Plans and conducts funerals or memorial services, as requested by patients and/or families.
- Assists with patients/families in crisis.
- Communicate with the patient’s clergy or faith community as appropriate.
- Provides bereavement support and counsel for patients, families, and staff
- Educates staff on beliefs and rituals of different faiths.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care planning conferences and team meetings.
- Provides community education, as requested, particularly in relation to local clergy and church groups.
- Completes clinical documentation in a timely manner per Alive Hospice procedure and regulations
- Facilitates services in a patient room, home, or quiet room as requested.
- Attends department and discipline meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Participates in memorial services and agency events as requested or assigned.
- Participates in the on-call schedule rotation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent graduate degree that provides advanced education to provide spiritual care and counseling. A minimum of two (2) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) is required. Minimum two years’ work experience. Three years of experience in Pastoral Care is strongly preferred.
Alive offers a full benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a retirement plan to which Alive will match your contribution up to 3% at a rate of 0.5, a team-centered environment, and ongoing education and professional development.
How to Apply
Apply directly here or go to alivehospice.org/careers.
- Date Posted: October 26, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 12/11/2023
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00 pm with oncall rotation