Room In The Inn
Hope University Support Coordinator
Room In The Inn
The path towards HOPE begins in a supportive community.
At Room In The Inn, Hope University provides support to connect individuals experiencing homelessness with essential services year round. Services include laundry, showers, meals, mail services, assistance with resource navigation, and community engagement opportunities.
Room In The Inn’s mission is to provide programs that emphasize human development and recovery through education, self-help and work, centered in community and long term support for those who call the streets of Nashville home. Through the power of spirituality and the practice of love, Room In The Inn provides hospitality with a respect that offers hope in a community of non-violence.
- Welcome guests on a daily basis and help to maintain a safe environment for all community members
- Triage participant needs at the day center support desk
- Restock items for day-to-day operations including OTC meds, toiletries on the shower cart, and winter or summer supplies
- Facilitate activities such as the cafe, participant store, classes, storage, meals, and special events
- Maintain accurate documentation in Room In The Inn’s database
- Encourage the life-long learning of participants, staff members, and volunteers in order to enhance human development
This is a direct service position working with Room In The Inn’s Hope University team.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- work in a team environment
- communicate well with your peers and leadership
- be comfortable when interacting with those in the community
- be service driven
- be solutions oriented
- be able to think creatively
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and pushing.
This is a full-time position at the Room In The Inn downtown campus located at 705 Drexel Street, Nashville, TN 37203.
Benefits include paid time off, insurance options, and an annual health incentive reimbursement.
How to Apply
For more information, send your resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: March 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk