Homemaker/Case Manager Assistant
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of a Homemaker in the Living at Home program of Nashville, TN. The office is at the McGruder Family Resource Center located at 2013 25th Avenue N and will serve clients in the North Nashville Area. This position is part-time, and services are needed for 15 hours a week, Monday-Friday and the work schedule is flexible.
Primary functions are to assists the case manager in order to enable clients to remain independent and living at home by performing light house cleaning, household tasks, shopping, errands, and transportation for older adults. Homemaker should feel comfortable visiting homes in low-income neighborhoods.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience and/or a demonstrated interest in working with seniors.
- Previous experience in home visiting specialist for older adults preferred.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Ability to relate to and work with emotionally upset and cognitively impaired individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and peers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction when necessary.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate the needs of client.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of criminal background screening.
- Ability to tolerable smells from smoking, pets and inability to maintain a home.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds, able to go up and down stairs.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and sufficient automobile insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1585676/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Homemaker
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: March 8, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $15 hr.
- Working Hours: 15 hrs./wk