HMIS Community Services Specialist
The HMIS Community Services Specialist will ensure that homeless services and prevention data is collected and input in the Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) as required, will work with local Continuum of Care (CoC) representatives to assess the needs of organizations that are implementing HMIS and will provide these organizations with appropriate technical assistance and one on one training. The position’s full Performance Results Description can be found here.
The HMIS Community Services Specialist:
Will work closely with CoC leadership, service providers and homeless clients to ensure Coordinated Entry assessments, service referrals and project participation data is entered into HMIS in an accurate and timely manner.
Will be committed to the ongoing support of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) users working to complete daily tasks related to the use of software provided by Pathways MISI
Will provide Agencies and Users one-on-one guidance and support to assist them in utilizing software provided by Pathways MISI to the fullest extent possible to help Continua of Care and their member agencies reach their programmatic goals and meet funder requirements
Will assist stakeholders in ensuring HMIS data is accurate and available and can be used to aid in understanding the scope of poverty, homelessness, and other key issues; inform system design and policy decisions; and evaluate system performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a public policy, human services or training related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in the use of common office software
- Demonstrated familiarity with use of Internet based applications, including HMIS software. Specific experience with ServicePoint and Google Data Studio a plus
- Two years or more of help desk experience
- Excellent writing/editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships
- Availability and flexibility for travel. Valid Driver’s license and vehicle insurance
Pathways MISI provides employees with health, health, dental, vision and life insurance, along with a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: April 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Housing