In anticipation of the mansion resuming tours during phase 3 of Nashville’s reopening plan, we are hiring Historical Interpreters.
Job Type: Part Time Staff
Supervisor: Director of Operations; daily tasks may be assigned by the Curator of Collections
Job Purpose: To give guided museum tours of Belmont Mansion and provide support to the mansion’s daily operations
- Giving guided tours to the mansion’s paid and other guests as needed
- Ability to comprehend docent training materials and effectively communicate to guests the mansion’s history, early Nashville and Civil War history, and information about the museum collection and furnishings. Training will be provided.
- Answering the telephone and greeting guests at the front door
- Ringing up cash register transactions for admissions and museum shop purchases
- Participating in special events hosted at the mansion by providing logistical support as needed and appropriate
- Helping to maintain museum shop inventory, participating in staff meetings and training sessions, helping with seasonal decorating, and other mansion activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Previous museum or similar experience preferred
Education: High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Working Conditions: Standing and walking while speaking for an hour or more without a break; climbing stairs; adherence to professional dress code; wearing name tag required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in and basic knowledge of American History
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with other mansion staff and guests
- Ability to be part of a positive team environment and strong commitment to customer service
How to Apply
Please direct any questions, your resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 18, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 14 - 30 hrs.