Catholic Charities of TN
Hispanic Service Intake Case Worker
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of a Hispanic Services Intake Case Worker for the South Nashville Family Resource Center of Nashville, TN. The office is at the South Nashville Family Resource Center located at 2195 Nolensville Pike, Suite 5. This position is fulltime at 37.5 hours a week. The core hours of the center are Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 4:30 but some flexibility is needed for occasional evening and weekend activities.
Primary functions include: This position implements a program of casework services and life skills for families in the Hispanic community, by conducting workshops/groups on identified topics, providing clients with the necessary social service assistance, or referring to appropriate agencies for services, attending community events and providing outreach to the Hispanic community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field with experience in working with the Hispanic community.
- 2 years’ experience working with the Hispanic community is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic group facilitation skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish, written and oral, is required.
- Some experience and demonstrated interest in working with persons in crisis.
- Knowledge of basic case work skills relative to the needs of families experiencing multiple problem areas such as housing, financial stability, and student achievement.
- Knowledge of community or other available resources that serve the needs of families who are experiencing multiple problem areas.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and peers
- Ability to plan, organize, and work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction when necessary
- Ability to accept supervision
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate the needs of client
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of criminal background screening
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be client centered
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and sufficient automobile insurance
Full benefits offered.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Claudia Nielson at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: June 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 18.00
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk