Helpline and Affiliate Regional Coordinator
NAMI Tennessee provides support, education, and advocacy for those impacted by mental illness in Tennessee through the state office and a network of local affiliates (chapters). This position includes two half-time positions, to support and provide technical assistance to Middle Tennessee NAMI affiliates and to coordinate the statewide Helpline through recruitment, training, and support of volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Provide support to current affiliates by focusing on leadership development and sharing of responsibility:
- Educate affiliates on the roles and responsibilities (education, support groups, Helpline, advocacy, outreach, fundraising/NAMIWalks) of being a NAMI affiliate and provide support and assistance for affiliate growth and development.
- Assist affiliate with creation of a development plan annually.
- Contact leaders at each affiliate and complete documentation on a monthly basis.
- Monitor affiliate compliance with data gathering and other reporting expectations.
- Visit each affiliate’s meeting virtually or in person once every six months.
- Disseminate communications from NAMI Tennessee and NAMI National policies and policies related to the NAMI mission.
- Insure that contact information for each affiliate is up to date on NAMI.org, NAMITN.org and within the state office to enhance contact with the affiliate.
- Assist with strategies for affiliate leadership development and volunteer recruitment.
- Work with NAMI members and others to establish new affiliates as interest emerges.
- Actively recruit teachers and presenters for NAMI education classes and programs.
- Represent NAMI TN at task forces/coalitions and encourage affiliate members to perform this activity.
- Oversee the statewide Helpline system through recruitment, training, supporting, and reporting.
- Develop and implement volunteer Helpline recruitment plan.
- Utilize NAMI TN and NAMI national training materials.
- Assist affiliates in expanding Helpline capacity and competencies.
- Create and manage Helpline response schedules.
- Collect stories and report call data.
- Encourage involvement of diverse populations.
- Participate in NAMI TN staff meetings, affiliate calls and trainings, and other NAMI TN activities.
Ability to operate Microsoft Teams, Office, and Outlook (training is available but familiarity with Office is required.) Experience with mental illness as an individual with lived experience, a caregiver, or an individual with mental health training or work experience is highly preferred. Familiarity with NAMI is highly preferred. A college degree is desired, but not required if the employee has the life experiences and job skills to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This job is currently a full time position with benefits and a flexible work schedule including a blend of work from home and in the NAMI Tennessee office.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, explaining your experience with mental illness, along with a resume to email@example.com. Please place “Helpline and Affiliate Regional Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
- Date Posted: March 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/01/2021
- Salary Range: $16 - $24 an hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, varies