Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Healthcare Navigator is responsible to provide and/or coordinate Veterans’ access to and/or use of VA and community healthcare resources and services. In this role, the Healthcare Navigator will be responsible for carefully assessing Veterans’ healthcare status, needs, resources, and barriers; developing and implementing the Veterans’ personal action plans; coordinating access and use of healthcare benefits (VA, private, public) and healthcare (physical/behavioral) services; coordinating access and use of community social services and resources that are barriers to health / healthcare; and providing health/healthcare education, support, and coaching.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Healthcare Navigation/Case Management:
1. Complete a full range of health/healthcare focused social work / case management activities with homeless and housing vulnerable veterans and their families:
- Intake and Assessment
- Care Planning (develop, monitor, update and revise)
- Referral, Liaison/Brokering, Education and Advocacy
2. Through direct assistance and support and/or education, linkage, and advocacy, implement with the Veterans their comprehensive Action Plan to secure and/or maintain access to and use of:
- Healthcare Benefits: VA, private insurance, Medicare, TennCare / Medicaid, ACA Benefits, supplemental plans
- Healthcare Coverage: Physical, dental, and behavioral (mental health and addiction)
- Healthcare Services: VA, private physicians/clinics, dentists/dental clinics, therapists, indigent care clinics, indigent care pharmacy, hospital and out-patient facilities and programs, home health, hospice, and care givers.
- Community Health / Healthcare Education Services and Resources
- Community Social Services and Resources: housing, entitlements, public assistance, financial assistance, employment and legal aid.
3. Provide individual and group education on relevant on relevant:
- Veteran health issues and concerns
- Healthcare Benefits, Systems, and Services
- Skills Building related to Healthcare benefits, systems and services.
4. Facilitate proactive problem solving and communication between Veterans and their primary care provider(s) and/or healthcare benefit providers.
5. Assist in the process of securing and maintaining needed program(s) eligibility documentation for healthcare benefits and services.
6. Facilitate coordination of the Veteran’s healthcare issues within the context of the Veteran’s entire Action plan with team, agency and relevant community providers.
7. Maintain needed documentation of services rendered to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes. This includes both agency chart and HMIS.
8. Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
Resource Identification / Outreach:
1. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key health/healthcare services/resources providers.
2. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key Veteran and social services providers of services that supporting client long-term permanent housing stability.
3. Provide staff training on available healthcare benefits and resources.
1. Adhere to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency to include assistance with events.
- BSW or BA from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong preference for MSW and those candidates with experience housing and homelessness and related social services and resources.
- Knowledge of: Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation Software (PowerPoint).
- Valid, current Tennessee’s driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran Preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regional Veteran services and resources.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Broad capacity for global thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to motivate clients toward success.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
This position is full time at 40 hours/week; excellent PTO policy; 401K and limited health care plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: September 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/05/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week