Special Olympics Tennessee
Health & Fitness Coordinator
Special Olympics Tennessee
SUMMARY: The Health & Fitness Coordinator is responsible for implementing a fitness program that supports long term health and fitness progress of Special Olympics athletes. This position is responsible for capturing fitness data to be analyzed by a university research team for the purpose of providing high-quality health and fitness programing. Additional responsibilities in supporting program Fitness & Health initiatives expected in scope of work.
TÍTULO DEL TRABAJO: Coordinador de salud y estado físico (tiempo parcial)
RESUMEN: El coordinador de salud y estado físico es responsable de implementar un programa de acondicionamiento físico que respalde el progreso de la salud y el estado físico a largo plazo de los atletas de Olimpiadas Especiales. Este puesto es responsable de capturar datos de la aptitud física para ser analizados por un equipo de investigación de la universidad con el fin de proporcionar programas de salud y aptitud física de alta calidad. Se esperan responsabilidades adicionales en el apoyo a las iniciativas de salud y acondicionamiento físico del programa en el alcance del trabajo.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of all that we do at Special Olympics Tennessee as we strive to promote unity and create a community where everyone belongs. We value, celebrate, and support all differences, backgrounds and viewpoints and understand that a focus on greater diversity and inclusion will enrich our organization and our world.
Special Olympics Tennessee is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
- Plan and execute sustained, high-quality health & fitness education programming to diverse athlete populations.
- Coordinate health & fitness education research and evaluation contractors. Assess contractor findings and best practices.
- Assist in the design and development of Tennessee’s athlete health & fitness curriculum.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage volunteers.
- Ability to build effective relationships with diverse organizations.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- A commitment and understanding of the Special Olympics Tennessee mission.
- Proficiency in using relevant technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and database systems.
- Willingness to travel within the state and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements.
- Must pass a drug and criminal background screening.
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads.
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities or familiarity with Special Olympics youth engagement programming.
- Creative problem solver.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Paid or volunteer experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to Joanne Drumright at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 3, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 10/01/2021