Abintra Montessori School
Head of School
Abintra Montessori School
Founded in 1981, Abintra Montessori School is a 501c3 non-profit located in Nashville, TN and rooted in the Montessori philosophy of respect for the development and potential of the whole child. Its Montessori environments provide a child-centered curriculum and experience where teachers and families strive together in support of a passionate, equitable, and just learning community. The school serves children and adolescents ages 3 years to 14 years in beautiful, developmentally responsive classrooms situated on 10 wooded and environmentally stewarded acres.
Abintra’s strengths are many. They include:
- An identity rooted in our Montessori mission to “…assist in the development of the individual child and adolescent by providing a quality education based on Montessori principles and philosophy”.
- A guiding vision dedicated to “…developing confident, self-motivated learners who creatively meet the challenges of life”.
- A passionate faculty empowered to master their craft and model the core Montessori tenets.
- A companion educational focus that supports parent development and growth.
- A commitment to Positive Discipline as part of the fabric of daily life at Abintra.
- A learning environment where children are inspired, independent, joyful, confident, respected, and respectful.
- A 12-year continuum of educational purpose and opportunity.
- A community that cultivates meaningful relationships and promotes diversity, inclusion, and academic excellence.
- A 10-acre wooded campus that serves as an integral component of the environmental curriculum and a haven for area wildlife.
Head of School
Abintra is seeking a dedicated Head of School excited about serving and growing as both a leader and learner. The Head of School guides daily operations and strategically stewards the school toward institutional growth, sustainability, and maturity. The Head of School is fully responsible for the administration of the school and determines, supervises, and directs educational policy, faculty and staff employment, admissions, advancement, parent education, and community engagement. The Head of School reports to the Board of Trustees and ensures that the school adheres to the highest quality of Montessori academic and operational standards.
Head of School Responsibilities and Authority
- Model the mission and values of the school.
- Execute and administer the policies and strategic plan of the school, as set by the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations and stakeholder care: business, academic, and community.
- Faculty support, development, and evaluation.
- Adhere to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Nurture a culture of giving.
- Represent and champion the school in the broader community.
Head of School Requirements/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Montessori classroom experience & teacher certification.
- 3 – 5 years relevant leadership experience, including a commitment to ongoing Montessori professional development.
- Persuasive, active, and articulate advocate for the school, both on campus and in the broader community.
- Dynamic, forward-thinker with impeccable people and organizational skills.
- Dedicated observer of oneself, one’s surroundings, and those under one’s care.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen, build consensus, and act decisively as required.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Tuition discounts for children enrolled in the Upper School.
- Paid professional development.
- Retirement fund contribution.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following to Kevin Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter expressing interest in this position, specifically as it relates to Abintra’s Values and Mission Statements [https://www.abintra.org/abintra-at-a-glance].
Statement of educational and leadership philosophy that aligns with Montessori principles.
Names and contact information of five professional references.
- Date Posted: October 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Education