Tennessee Performing Arts Center
Guest Services Supervisor
Tennessee Performing Arts Center
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections for the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Guest Services Supervisor supports the front of house operations in all activities needed to provide a positive customer experience and to ensure patron safety. Working closely across TPAC departments and with external entities, this position manages our front of house team that is positive, engaging, contemporary, supportive of the arts community, and representative of TPAC’s core values.
- Supervise Usher & Volunteer teams for assigned theater performances to create a memorable, safe, and engaging environment for guests, staff, and TPAC Management.
- Working with the Guest Services Department to maintain a safe, inclusive, welcoming and positive work experience for both the Ushers & Volunteers.
- Inspect and insure that all theater pre-checks are complete and report concerns to department and/or venue management.
- Responsible for opening and closing Theater spaces, including public address announcements and ensures that venue procedures are enforced.
- Ensures proper inventory, use, and maintenance of department equipment (Ticket Scanners, Radios, etc.) for event shifts and staff.
- Communicate with various Event Operations Teams on opening of the theater, event timing along with any concerns that would effect the show.
- Listen to guest inquiries and resolve any issues in a helpful, respectful, responsive, and professional manner. Report various audience issues to the Guest Services Manager on Duty.
- Supports Guest Services Management & TPAC’s Accessible Services Team.
- Assist Guest Services Manager and Security and Safety Manager with leading theater evacuations as needed.
- Attend to guest injuries – both life threatening and non-life threatening.
- Support the Guest Services Team by working as Department Manager on Duty for certain performances.
- Creating and maintaining an electronic Guest Services report for the event, emailing report post event to appropriate parties.
- Ensuring compliance of all Covid-19 Policies and Procedures. Making sure to update the staff in pre-show meetings and during your rounds with additional changes for that event.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Shift availability of 3-4 shifts a week. Shifts on average are 5 hours.
- Strong verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Solid working computer knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Personal email/computer access for scheduling.
- Supervisory experience
- Customer service and/or venue experience with positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage crowds and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Previous Venue Security experience
- Enjoys working with the public.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, ADP Workforce and Advance Staff Scheduler.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national, or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture.
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our career portal
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture