TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Guest Services Manager
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections for the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Guest Services Manager supports the front of house operations in all activities needed to provide a positive guest experience and to ensure patron safety. Working closely across TPAC departments and with external entities, this position manages our guest services team that is positive, engaging, contemporary, supportive of the arts community, and respresentative of TPAC’s core values. This position is instrumental in maintaining all areas of Accessibilty for TPAC along with overseeing TPAC’s Volunteer program.
- Overseeing all areas of Accessibility for TPAC
- Coordinating ASL, Open Caption and Audio Description Interpreters for performances using this service.
- Overseeing TPAC’s Accessibility committee
- Training Full and Part Time Staff on Accessibility Services through out the year.
- Partnering with Patron Services on Accessibilty needs for guests.
- Continuing to grow TPAC’s Accessibilty program.
- Maintaining and training part time ushers on the Accessibility Kiosk.
- Manage TPAC’s Volunteer Program
- Recruit and train a diverse group of volunteers with a welcoming and inclusive recuitment process.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Guest Services to create and implement a volunteer training program along with updating onboarding materials.
- Schedule volunteers for both shows and additional TPAC needs.
- Represent TPAC in the Greater Nashville Volunteer Management Community.
- Supports the Guest Services Team by working as Department Manager on Duty, on average 3-4 nightly/weekend performances a week, including but not limited to; Broadway, rentals, internal/external events, TPAC Education, and all Accessible Performances.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Guest Services Department.
- Strong leadership while working as a positive, motivated team member, fostering helpful and cooperative conduct, and willingness to learn and work with others.
- A “can do” service attitude, consistently providing excellent service to guests, staff, volunteers and clients. Maintaining the highest level of professionalism and pro-active work ethic.
- Supports the Director of Guest Services in intentionally and actively cultivating TPAC’s Diversity, Inclusion, Access and Equity (DIAE) program to part time staff with the support from the DIAE Committee.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Required: 2-3 years of supervisory experience. Customer service and/or venue experience with positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced enviroment. Volunteer management and recruiting.
- Preferred: Familiarity with Accessible Services preferably in a venue setting, experience in staff training programs.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, ADP Workforce and Advance Staff Scheduler.
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Working in an office/venue/theater environment and virtually as needed. Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time. Working in the dark. Working with flashing lights in a loud environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Lifting/Moves/Transports 25 lbs., Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, PTO.
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our employment portal
- Date Posted: June 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture