Frist Art Museum
Guest Services Associate (FT)
Frist Art Museum
Job Summary: This position participates as part of Guest Services team providing excellent customer service to all guests and members at the Frist Art Museum. This team member sells daily tickets and memberships, as well as serving the needs of Frist members, and answering phones as needed. Full-time, part-time, and on-call employees must be flexible to work weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Essential Job Functions: Working closely with other Frist staff members:
- Sell admission tickets and Frist memberships.
- Service the needs of valued Frist guests and members to ensure a high level of customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Familiar with computer software applications; Altru experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Assist valued Frist volunteers with their shift needs in a supportive, positive, and constructive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude and have constructive exchanges with guests and fellow staff members.
- Thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Embrace hard work and challenges.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Creative and adaptable in thought and action.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Possess the demeanor to remain calm in all situations.
- Stay informed of the Frist’s exhibitions and activities.
- Participate with Guest Services team to create a positive, energetic environment for all who visit the Frist Art Museum.
Education and/or Experience: High School graduate or GED preferred. Previous experience at a major attraction, hotel, sports arena, or performance venue ideal.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform certain essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to accept payments and make change accurately.
- Hospitality: Frist employees welcome all visitors and treat everyone as a treasured guest. Guest Services team members display a friendly demeanor and demonstrate excellent listening and customer service skills.
Job Conditions: This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working at computer for long periods of time
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, paid-time off, free parking
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-3822
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (615) 744-3320
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: August 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 09/05/2022
- Salary Range: $16.00/hour
- Working Hours: Thursday-Monday minimum 37 hours/week